"I still have frequent Eoe flare-ups, and I'm often concerned about having difficulty swallowing."
-OWEN, 26 years
Owen is a 26-year-old man who recently became engaged. He suffered from dysphagia, heartburn, and other symptoms only to be misdiagnosed
with gastroesophageal reflux disease. A biopsy confirmed his EoE diagnosis after 3 years of no consistent relief with over-the-counter PPIs.
- Age at diagnosis: 21 years
- EREFS total score, including stricture (proximal and distal regions): 5
- Histologic findings: 64 EOS/HPF
Prior/Current EoE Treatments
- High-dose PPIs
- Elminiation diet
- Dysphagia (∼2 episodes per week in the past month)
- Vitals: within normal limits
- Endoscopy shows furrows, exudates, mild rings, and strictures
Patient profile is representative and is not an actual DUPIXENT patient.
EOS/HPF, eosinophils per high-power field; EREFS, endoscopic reference score; PPI, proton pump inhibitor.